DONATE TO OUR KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN TODAY BY CLICKING THE IMAGE BELOW!
Our Kickstarter is live! Please visit our Kickstarter page by clicking the photo above. Like what you see? Share the link with friends, family, and your network and spread the word! Help us meet our goal of raising $7,500 by July 31st to transform our new space into a dance home for hundreds of students in the Red Hook community.
- News about our Kickstarter and fundraising efforts -
- July 5th: Our Kickstarter is featured in DNA info!
- July 9th: Artistic Director, Shannon Hummel makes a promise. If we raise over $5,000 by Saturday, July 11th, Shannon and Cynthia Thompson will sing and dance in white tutus to “You Are My Lucky Star” from Singin’ in the Rain on the steps of JMU’s Wilson Hall.
- July 11th: We are tutu thankful! We raised over $5,000 in the knick of time! Videos and photos of the epic performance to come!
- July 14th: Cora has raised over $6,750 through our Kickstarter campaign! We are less than $1,000 to reaching our goal. Help us meet and surpass it by simply spreading the word. If we surpass our goal, we can improve our new space by additionally renovating the windows, repairing the heaters, raising the ceiling, and more!
CORA FOUND A NEW HOME, BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP
After losing our studio and offices this past year, Shannon Hummel/Cora Dance has made some significant changes. We moved into the gracious home of Red Hook Ministries, where we have a new office and studio space on the second floor of the church. This move, however, came with the cutback of many of our class offerings and programs. This summer Cora Dance plans to renovate our new home at Red Hook Ministries in order to provide our full list of class offerings come Fall 2015.
Our renovations will include:
-Installing a new dance floor
-Repairing the windows
-Enhancing the space to ensure it is ready for students come Fall 2015
The red hook prom kicked off our fundraising efforts to renovate the space
HOW CAN YOU HELP? You can contribute in 3 ways:
DONATE - use this link and donate to the cause now
Spread the word – use this link and share it with your friends and family
Contact info@coradance to volunteer your time or skills to renovate our space and make our studio a reality!
Shannon Hummel/Cora Dance has received funding in 2014-2015 from NYSCA/New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature; from the Brooklyn Community Foundation; through public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs; and from the office of Councilman Carlos Menchaca. Cora has received further support from the Meringoff Family Foundation, the Michael Tuch Foundation, the Robertson Foundation, the Community Foundation of Harrisonburg/Rockingham County, SaveMor Digital Printing and from our individual contributors. Cora is part of the BAM/DeVos Institute of Arts Management Professional Development Program.