UPCOMING SEASON: September 27, 2018 - June 6, 2019
Registration for the 2018-2019 season begins AUGUST 27 for PREVIOUSLY ENROLLED FAMILIES. General Registration begins SEPTEMBER 4 at our new location, 358 VAN BRUNT STREET!.
For more info, contact Programs Manager Rebekah Bono at email@example.com.
CORA DANCE tuition rates & pay-what-you-can policy
Suggested full tuition rates per class are listed below. If you are unable to pay the suggested tuition, you simply name a tuition rate that is affordable for your family and that becomes your tuition: No questions asked! No proof of income is required and no one is turned away based on tuition pledge.
Cora sends quarterly bills for all tuition due after registration. Pro-rated tuition rates are available for students registering after classes have already begun. Upon registration, should a family need to discontinue classes for any reason, the remaining classes will be pro-rated based on the number of classes remaining and the amount of the tuition pledge received.
Suggested Tuition per class: $860 per year ($215 due per quarter)
Suggested Tuition per class (with walkover service from PS15 - see "Additional Services" below for details): $980 per year ($245 due per quarter)
cora dance CLASS REGISTRATION
Before enrolling, students may take a one-time-only trial class for free. New students may register until March 1, 2019 when enrollment closes for the year. Priority for Level I classes is given to NYCHA and Section-8 families. Registration for all other classes is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration takes place at Cora Dance, 358 Van Brunt Street. Upon registration, you will complete the following steps:
1) COMPLETE A REGISTRATION FORM WITH OUR STAFF. Call Cora Dance at 718-858-2520 or stop by the office @ 358 Van Brunt Street (beginning in late August) across from PS15 to fill out a registration form.
2) PAY YOUR $20 ENROLLMENT FEE AND NAME YOU PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN TUITION PLEDGE. All families pay an annual Registration Fee of $20 (due at the time of registration). Once your enrollment fee is secured, it's time to name your own tuition for the year!! NO ONE IS TURNED AWAY BASED ON WHAT OR IF THEY CAN PAY. First payment toward tuition is due by the first class.
3) START DANCING! That's it! Once your registration form is signed and you've paid your $20 Enrollment Fee, you're officially enrolled! Come to class and start dancing with Cora!
Beyond pay-what-you-can tuition, Cora provides additional SEA/SUPPORTING EQUAL ACCESS services to make our programs accessible to all families, regardless of income:
- SNACK TO ALL STUDENTS: Cora provides a healthy snack daily to all students studying with us. Interested in being a monthly snack sponsor and feeding hungry dancers? Sign up to be a Snack Sponsor! Email Programs Manager, Rebekah Bono at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-858-2520 to find out how!
- FREE SHOES AND DANCEWEAR: Cora requires uniform dance attire through Eurotard and Capezio. If the cost of the required attire and shoes are outside your familys' budget, let us know and Cora will provide the required attire FREE OF CHARGE TO YOUR FAMILY! Special thanks to the Meringoff Foundation for their generous support of Cora's Dancewear Program.
- AFTER-SCHOOL WALKOVER SERVICE FROM PS15: For students participating in our Monday-Thursday Level I and II classes, Cora provides a walkover service to students attending PS15/Patrick F. Daly School. Parents must give PS15 teachers and office staff written permission for Cora Dance to pick up their child. Additionally, upon registering for dance classes, parents must provide Cora with PS15 Classroom Teacher Name, Classroom Number and Child's Grade Level to participate in the Walkover Program. Parents pick up students at Cora @ 358 Van Brunt Street immediately following class.
CORA YCP/YOUTH COMPANY PROGRAMS: For our most advanced and dedicated students, Cora offers three levels of pre-professional and professional youth companies. Chosen through open auditions in June, select students in grades 5-12 perform 8-12 times annually both locally and on tour, work with professional choreographers, attend festivals and workshops, and receive one-on-one support toward helping students secure spots in top NYC Performing Arts Schools. For more info on how to become part of our Youth Company Programs, read here and/or contact Artistic Director, Shannon Hummel at email@example.com.
Cora Dance provides professionally led dance education to students, regardless of their ability to pay. Cora offers classes on a PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN basis, ensuring that everyone can access our programs and performances regardless of their financial situation. Through its company, school and studio, Cora creates exceptional dance experiences while addressing the impediments that restrict individuals from accessing the art form. Cora fosters common ground among diverse people, allowing all involved—artists, students, audiences and community members—to connect more deeply with one another through the arts.