CORA DANCE STUDIO PROGRAM
CURRENT SEASON: September 23, 2019 - JUNE 1, 2020
Welcome to classes at Cora Dance! Cora Dance’s Studio Program provides professionally led dance education and training to students, regardless of their ability to pay. Cora offers classes on a pay-what-you-can basis, ensuring that everyone can access our programs and performances regardless of financial circumstances. In addition, Cora offers a comprehensive list of SEA/Supporting Equal Access Services including after-school pick up, free snack, dancewear, shoes, mentorship, parent workshops, apprenticeship and internship opportunities, outside partnerships with other professional dance organizations and pre-professional and professional performance opportunities for the organization’s most advanced and dedicated students.
Classes begin September 23, 2010. Registration remains open through March 1 , 2020. A complete schedule Youth and Adult Classes is below. To register, contact Programs Administrator, Katherine Sing at firstname.lastname@example.org, call the office at 718-858-2520, or stop by Cora Dance at 358 Van Brunt Street in Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY.
Tuition for all classes is pay-what-you-can. A $20 annual registration fee per family is required at the time of registration to secure a spot.
YOUTH AND ADULT CLASS SCHEDULE:
pay-what-you-can tuition policy
Tuition is pay-what-you-can. Suggested full-price tuition rates are listed below. If the suggested tuition is outside your family’s budget, simply name a tuition rate that works for your family and that is the amount we will anticipate from you for the year. No proof of income is required and no one is turned away based on tuition pledge.
Suggested Tuition: $980 per Class for 1-year of enrollment/36 weeks ($245 due per quarter)
Suggested Tuition with Walkover Service from PS15 (see "Additional Services" below for details): $1,140 per Class for 1-year of enrollment/36 weeks ($285 due per quarter)
How to REGISTer:
Students may register until March 1, 2020 when enrollment closes for the year. Priority for Level I classes is given to NYCHA and Section-8 families for the first 3 weeks of Open Enrollment. Registration for all other classes is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration takes place at Cora Dance, 358 Van Brunt Street.
1) COMPLETE A REGISTRATION FORM WITH OUR STAFF. Call Cora Dance at 718-858-2520 or stop by the office @ 358 Van Brunt Street September 3, 2019-March 1, 2020 to fill out and sign a registration form.
2) PAY YOUR $20 ENROLLMENT FEE AND NAME YOU PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN TUITION PLEDGE. Once your registration fee is secured, it's time to name your own tuition for the year!! NO ONE IS TURNED AWAY BASED ON WHAT OR IF THEY CAN PAY. First payment toward tuition is due by the first class.
3) START DANCING! Once your registration form is signed and you've paid your Registration Fee, you're officially enrolled! Come to class and start dancing with Cora!
Cora provides additional SEA/Supporting Equal Access services to make our programs accessible to all families, including the following:
- Free snack to all students. Cora provides a healthy snack daily to all students studying with us. Interested in being a monthly snack sponsor and feeding hungry dancers? Sign up to be a Snack Sponsor! Email Programs Administrator, Katherine Sing at email@example.com or call 718-858-2520 to find out how!
- Free shoes and dancewear. Cora requires uniform dance attire through Eurotard and Capezio. If the cost of the required attire and shoes is outside a family’s budget, let us know. Cora will provide the required attire!
- After-school walkover from PS15. For students participating in our Monday-Friday Level I and II classes, Cora provides a walkover service to students attending PS15/Patrick F. Daly School.
- CYC/Cora Youth Company Programs: For our most advanced and dedicated students, Cora offers three tiers of pre-professional and professional youth companies. Chosen through open auditions in June, select students in grades 4-12 perform 5-20 times annually (depending on the tier) both locally and on tour, work with professional choreographers, attend festivals and workshops, and receive group workshops and one-on-one support for dancers and their families, helping students craft an individualized training path, secure spots in top NYC Schools, and gain access to college and professional career opportunities. All CYC groups have been cast for the 2019-2020 Season. Auditions for the 2020-2021 CYC Programs will be held Monday, June 8, 2020. For more info on how to become part of our Youth Company Programs, read here and/or contact Dance Education Supervisor, Rebekah Bono at firstname.lastname@example.org.