Education & community programs manager
Application deadline - june 17
Cora Dance is currently seeking a part-time Education & Community Programs Manager. The Education & Community Programs Manager reports to the Artistic Director and Managing Director in managing all of Cora Dance’s education related programming. The position is contracted from August 2017 - June 2018, with a schedule of roughly 28 hours per week in-house Monday-Friday (afternoon to evening availability necessary with flexibility to start and end time each day). Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include 2 weeks paid vacation annually and monthly commuter benefits.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Education Program Relations: Serve as primary contact for parents, students, and educators about Cora Dance education programs; communicate with parents regarding calendar events, important deadlines and dates, needs of children (behavioral/emotional/physical) in relationship to education, in connection with Artistic Director; communicate information regarding payment/tuition in connection with the Managing Director.
- Student Recruitment/Community Outreach: Develop and execute strategies for maintaining and increasing Cora student enrollment and community engagement; manage connections with education based community partners; oversee communication and management of in-house and satellite education programs that take place outside of the Cora Studio (track numbers/supervise teachers/facilitate new programs); act as ambassador for the education programs of Cora Dance in the community.
- Staff Management: Interview, hire, and supervise interns, teachers, program assistants, production staff, etc. related to education activities (in connection with Artistic and Managing Directors); help meet teacher needs in the areas of supplies, equipment, children of concern, and the like.
- Curriculum and Education Program Oversight: Work closely with Artistic Director to observe teachers and students as needed, providing feedback and guidance as necessary to ensure positive classroom environment, stay informed of student and teacher progress and concerns, and maintain curriculum.
- Event Production: Plan and produce two (2) substantial education related events annually (in coordination with Cora’s Event Coordinator) and manage informal events including open classes, parent meetings, informal showings, and the like.
- Administration: Oversee and maintain database; process student registration; update and maintain education related materials including registration forms, handbooks, class schedules, monthly parent “backpack mail” and the like; update website monthly and send monthly email Parent Newsletter to Cora Parents and general newsletter to Cora’s full email list.
- Student and Family Support: Oversee and maintain the inventory of student supplies, snacks, dancewear, etc.; oversee Cora’s after-school pick up “walkover” program with assistance from volunteers and Program Assistant; work directly to meet the needs of children during walkover and class times, as needed.
- 2+ years experience working in dance education as an instructor, administrator, studio manager or other capacity involved in dance instruction.
- 4-year college degree; specialization in dance, non-profit management or community engagement preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and experience delegating responsibilities and managing a team.
- Strong communication skills and comfort working with young children and families.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced nonprofit environment.
- Familiarity with Google Documents, Microsoft Suite, Mailchimp, and Social Media platforms a plus.
- Enthusiasm for bringing high quality dance experiences to diverse populations, championing engagement in both the professional dance community and areas that historically lack access to professional performing arts.
- Candidate must be warm, eager and excited to work in an intimate, grassroots, hands-on environment that interfaces regularly with families, children, professional artists, donors and community members. Bilingual a plus.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and two to three references to email@example.com by Saturday, June 17 2017.